Gita’s bearing on leadership is evident from its setting itself. It is a conversation between two leaders on a leadership issue of momentous consequence. Krishna, who is the main speaker in the Gita, is a leader par excellence, having established himself as the foremost leader of his times. Arjuna, the seeker in the Gita, is also an influential leader. He is a prominent prince in one of the most powerful ruling dynasties of the times. His claim to leadership stems not just from his dynasty but also from his virtuosity – he is the foremost archer in an age of formidable archers, the champion among champions.
The Bhagavad-gita offers an inside
Leadership centers ultimately on decision-making and, going deeper, on the conceptual framework based on which decisions are made. Some lucky hunches might grant a few successes here and there, but lasting success comes only from principles that are rooted in reality. This course will take the participants through these principles enunciated in the Bhagavad Gita in an easy to understand way, for leaders in all walks of life, to make a positive difference for themselves and for others.
The 10 Leadership Sutras:
1. “The universe is a university” looks at how the Gita both exemplifies and teaches the principle that learning opportunities are present in every situation.
2. “Redefine success” helps leaders to see out of the box of stereotyped definitions of success that choke the human potential and to thereby tap the complete range of abilities at their command.
3. “Be concerned, not disturbed” explores the scientific soundness and practical relevance of the Gita’s foundational teaching that our real identity lies beyond our body.
4. “Mind the mind” turns the spotlight inwards to look at how our own mind, through moods and impulses, can sabotage our plans, and how we can discipline the mind.
5. “Assume accountability” analyzes a fundamental Gita teaching, karma, and how understanding this can guide leaders towards more responsible and transformational leadership.
6. “Words shape worlds – Watch your words” focuses on tapping the power of words to ensure that our words build bridges, not walls.
7. “Life-determines our problems – we determine their size” explains how leaders can, by tapping into their inner resources, choose their battles and let minor irritants pass.
8. “Work as worship” delves into how leaders can redefine their work so that it can become an integral part of an inspiring sacred vision of life, thereby making the work socially and spiritually fulfilling.
9. “Retreat within to treat without” explicates how we can rejuvenate ourselves by taking breaks to connect with the infinite reservoir of strength at the core of our being.
10. “Never lose heart” concludes with how awareness of the presence and power of spiritual love can enable us to face obstacles and reversals with hope and strength.
Timings- 7- 8.30 pm IST
Speaker- Chaitanya Charan Prabhu
Dates: 2nd July – 3rd Sept, 2021 (Every Friday)
Time: 7 to 8:30PM IST
Course fees – Rs 1800
Registration Contact- +91 8928073812