Prenatal yoga is a key ingredient to a healthy,happy pregnancy.Pregnancy can be an emotionally and physically challenging experience and yoga practice has shown a lot of benefits for pregnant women. Yoga helps strengthen various systems in the body. During pregnancy every organ and system has to work hard to nurture the baby and also to keep the mother strong and fit. Yoga also affects the mind positively, so pregnant women can easily handle stress, anxiety and any other negative emotions.
Yoga practice includes various yoga poses to strengthen various parts of the body such as the back, pelvic floor and the core. As well as breathing which is very helpful to control the mental stress and during labour. Meditation and relaxation practices are important to keep the mind positive and peaceful.
What you’ll learn –
- Warm-up practises and sukshma yoga.
- Classical asanas suitable during pregnancy as per the trimester.
- Guidance on special practises for common problems during pregnancy Pranayam during pregnancy and breathing exercises for labour preparation. Mudras and Bandhas
- Specially crafted pregnancy yoga nidra for relaxation.
- Stress & anxiety Management through daily affirmations,sankalpa-resolve and Visualisation practices.
- Pregnancy Meditation and Mantras.
- Fetal development activities.
Meet the Instructor – Aarti is an eternal student, a preacher of traditional yoga who holds a Master’s Degree in ‘Yog-Shastra’. She is also a QCI certified Level II Yoga Teacher under Government of India-AYUSH Ministry. In her teaching experience, she came across various inspirational stories of healing through yoga and thus she took a dedicated training in Yoga Therapy to bring focus into new and wider perspective of health and wellness. Back at Govardhan Ecovillage, she continues her Yoga teachings, practices, personal sadhana & study of Bhagavad Gita in the Vaishnava Tradition. Aarti’s motto is to find true happiness by taking yoga practice off the mat as well!